Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diddy is full of shit...I think.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

    You guys might remember a couple of weeks ago the story broke that Diddy is now managing Lil Wayne's protégé Nicki Minaj. Well, now another rap act has been taken under Diddy's wing: Rick Ross. I can pretty much guess what you're thinking. Diddy hasnt had any major consistent successes since the golden-era of Bad Boy. And no, I'm not talking about Yung Joc and Cassie. You know, when Bad Boy had an all-star roster of acts who sold records together and separately: 112, Faith Evans, Total, Biggie and Lil Kim. The latter two were particularly popular, especially when paired on a song together. Songs like "Get Money" and "Another" showed that when Queen Bee and Big Poppa traded verses, sparks flew. It was infectious and unmatched, almost captivating.
    So upon hearing word that Diddy is now managing both the Harajuku Barbie and the Teflon Don, it immediately reminded me of Kim & Big. Especially after seeing the picture below;

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

    Rewind time 15 years and that could easily be Kimberly Jones and Christopher Wallace standing underneath Diddy's watchful gaze. Which brings me to my main question; Is Diddy trying to recreate the classic Kim-Big duo with these two?
    It may not be that far-fetched. With numerous albums of unreleased material, greatest hits, and remixes released under the Notorious B.I.G.'s name, along with the infamous signing of Shyne [who sounds just like Biggie] back in 2001, we all know Diddy isnt scared of beating a dead horse...no shade to Biggie. The point is, Combs has shown that he has no problem with capitalizing off of his former best-friend's name. He even went so far as to suggest that Rick Ross channeled Big, giving him madd props for doing so:
"Oh y'all ain't hear the second verse," Diddy said about Ross' track "Angels". "Yo, y'all gonna peep that when we world premiere that. I don't know, I guess him and Biggie locked up in the room, even my man Hen Roc even said that. For my man Hen Roc to say that and co-sign it like 'Yo, my man right there sounding like our homie.' That right there is something special. That's a mean co-sign, that's a mean co-sign. I don't know what was going on in the studio, the spirits were connecting but it's official. It ain't bootleg, it ain't got no preservatives in it."
    What we don't even need to talk about is how Nicki Minaj has drawn madd comparison to Lil Kim. I dont even need to cite examples, I'm sure you've seen them. Maybe Diddy noticed and decided to mold Nicki into a Kim-doppelganger even more? And turn Rick Ross into a new-age Biggie? I dont know about this one...

GEORGE BUSH SIDE-EYE RATING [OUT OF 4]
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

    Do you think thats what Diddy is trying to do? If so, do you think it'll work? Scream at me in the comment section below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment